Monday, November 13, 2006


1 Dirty Martini (3 olives, extra dirty)
1 Long Island Iced Tea
The best Mexican food ever
1 more LI Iced Tea for the road
1 Vodka on the rocks
Make it 2 (one for the road)
1 Jack and Coke
One more for the road

It's been years since I felt this sick. It is Monday night and I'm still feeling hanged over. Am I that damn old?? It is funny how little differences in your life make you remember your age. I can say that I was a party guy. I started drinking very early, which deserves a longer explanation: for whatever reason the school system thought that I was smart and decided to make me skip one grade, so I always was the youngest on my grade. When my friends were 14, I was 14, so yes, by age 14 I was drinking and smoking. We started to drink cheap wine, one bottle for the six of us, then it was a bottle for 3, then for 2, then a bottle for each one. We moved to harder liquor and I can say that by age 15 I mastered the skills of drinking. I was able to drink and hold my liquor.

When I got into college, when most of my classmates were experiencing the wild life for the first time I was getting kind of tired of it. I started dating THE ex. The party stopped and the drinking was greatly reduced. Whenever we got together with my friends we were amazed of how little we drank and how we learned to stop... we reached the point where we didn't have to finish all the alcohol available just because it was there.

When before we were able to drink for the entire weekend, literally non-stop, now we could hardly open our eyes the next morning.

I'm 30 and I have never feel as bad as I did this last Sunday. I will not into details here, but it was bad! I don't remember the last time that I spent a whole day on my pajamas!
At the end of the day, when I was finally ready to put some food on my stomach, I could only think about the moment of my life that I'm enjoying right now. Yes, I'm not partying/drinking/fucking like a rock star anymore, but the things that I enjoy today are definately not making me feel like i'm dying the next morning.
Let me take that last one back, I can still fuck like a rock star!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bribrannabanana said...

you spent the day ON your pajamas? yeah, i guess i've definitely had days where I'm too drunk to figure my way into mine, too! ;)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

yep. That was me. Started young. I quit because everytime I drank I was sick for a day or two. What a waste of time. Well, that and I always did things I regretted later.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home