Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home
Hard to know what it is
If you never had one
Home
I can't say where it is
But I know
I'm going
Home
That's where the hurt is
And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
Walk onLeave it behind
You've got to leave it behind
All that you fashion
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break
All that you measure
All that you steal
All this you can leave behind
All that you reason
All that you care
It's only time
And I'll never fill up all my mind
All that you sense
All that you speak
All you dress up
And all that you scheme
All you create
All that you wreck
All that you hate

Walk On (U2)

I love U2, I saw them live last year and I can say that it was more than a concert, it was a true experience! Yes, their music is awesome, but the vibe and what they represent is so much bigger than a just a rock band (let's forget that they do make millions of dollars, hey at the end they deserve it).

Anyway, I just had to add the concert part because it was that awesome, and if you have the chance to see them live, you better take it!

That song, Walk On, is one of my favorites. I decided to post it after reading somebody's blog. She is new to this city (been there!) and I know how difficult it can be. Changes in general are difficult, but I think a change of city has to be by far one of the most stressful/depressing situations a person can face.

It's not easy been alone, specially when you come from a place where you had friends and in general, a life! I left behind a great group of friends, guys that I met when I was in second grade and that stayed with me through good and bad times. They were there when I took the plane to NYC, and they have been there every time that I went back to visit. When I first came here, I had nobody, and that was the biggest shock. The size of the city, the subway, the "rudeness"

the new yorkers, all of that wasn't a shock. Finding myself with nobody to call for a drink or to go out to a movie was my biggest issue. I found myself going to dinner and movies alone, drinking alone. It was tough, i was on my mid 20's and I found myself trying to meet new people, I was out of my safe zone and it wasn't easy.

I guess at some point I had to leave it all behind and start all over and I pushed myself to give this place a chance. Life's all about choices. I think this city deserves one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bribrannabanana said...

Yeah... I'm going home for Thanksgiving, and I'm thinking that is either going to be exactly what I need right now, or it'll make me sadder when I get back to NY - but it is comforting to be reminded that other people have gone through the lonliness of moving to a new city, and it will pass. :)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home