Friday, November 17, 2006

This side of the fence

As far as I know nobody has ever cheated on me. Even if they did, they did such a great job that i never found out. Honestly I'm not sure if I would care, I guess that my ego would suffer some bruises but I don’t think it would be something that would devastated my life. I saw this movie a few years ago called "Denial". It followed up the lives of 2 couples. There was this guy who wanted to be faithful to his wife, but he had a friend that was a total male-whore (he was married as well), plus the first guy's wife and the man-whore wife. I'm totally fucking up the movie (so you better watch it if you get a chance) but this is the basic premise: They all were at a dinner party when this guy joined them. He was a writer and started to talk about his book, according to him people cannot be faithful, we all live on a state of denial regarding the ability to separate sex and love; we refuse to satisfy our needs because of what society decided is the right way to live (having sex with the same person until death takes you away). The wife of the male-whore was totally outraged by that comment and then it all started. By the end of the movie the following took place:
Simple guy who wanted to be faithful went to a massage parlor and felt so guilty that he got a happy ending that he told his wife, she totally flipped out and I think she kicked him out
The same girl that I just mentioned above had an affair with her college professor, this was before her husband told him about the happy ending
Man-whore had an affair with a sales clerk. He met her when he was shopping for a present for his wife, the sales clerk knew he was married and still fucked him. On a later scene she is desperately crying because he didn’t call her.
Man-whore's wife slept with the author that they met at the dinner party at the beginning of the movie
There's way more than this, but I cannot remember all the details. The second couple (man-whore and wife) had this rule: “don’t ask, don’t tell”. By the end of the movie they stayed together, he prepared this awesome party just for the 2 of them on their balcony. Couple #1 split, even though she fucked somebody that she liked and he only got a hand-job from an old Asian woman, he was the one to blame because he confessed. I honestly think that everybody should work on a “don’t ask don’t tell” mode. They were in love! Yes, they fucked other people but that was just sex, and they were both aware of the situation. Am I insane for even assuming that something like this is possible and that it could work? Probably. What was my point? None I guess, but Cyris blog really made me think.

Too much thinking, it is Friday afternoon, it is sunny and I have a gazillion conference calls. I think there should be a law that prohibits the set up of conference calls or meetings on Friday afternoon…unless there’s alcohol involved. I’m working on this office-sex post (blame Bri), we’ll see if I can finish it, maybe she can take some pointers from here!

1 Comments:

Blogger El Cuervo said...

the original title for this post was going to be "Keep It in your pants!" and I wanted to talk more about the fact of how difficult it is for us to do it. I'm sure people will think that i'm wrong, but clearly a woman has better chances to refuse an opportunity because there's a good chance that she will receive more than one proposals. For guys in general is more difficult. We don;t get as many opportunities, so when we see one, the chances are that we will take it. Again, we don't seem to be able to keep it in our pants!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home