Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life’s not bad… today is a beautiful day, yes 40 is still cold, but it is sunny and for some reason I feel good.

Here’s a poem that I just love:

Tactic and Strategy

My tactic is
to look at you
to learn how you are
to love you as you are

my tactic is
to talk to you
and to listen to you
to build with words
an indestructible bridge

my tactic is
to remain in your memories
I don't know how
nor with what pretext
but to remain with you

my tactic isto be frank
and to know that you're frank
and not to sell to ourselves
simulations
so that between us
there is no curtain
nor abyss

my strategy is
in contrast deeper and
more simple
my strategy is
that one of these days
I don't know how
nor with what pretext
you finally need me.


Apparently my tactics failed… I know I could keep on pursue them, but I don’t want to/cannot hurt her. As much as it sucks, I will move back to the “friends” line, a line that my head knew that we shouldn’t cross but when we did it just felt right. I had fun, but at the end she could be hurt and I would NEVER do that. She deserves A LOT, and I know that she will get it. Not everyday you find somebody that can make you smile for no reason, or for all reasons.

Oh and this morning I got the greatest email, it seems like I will be able to see The Police after all. It won’t be at the Garden, but still it will be good (I have a feeling that this is a one time only thing, I find it hard to believe that the reunion will last longer than this tour, but I might be wrong). So THANK you SO SO SO much. My favorite Police song? “King of Pain”, kind of the soundtrack of my life, HA!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I've seen Sting in concert and it was fantastic. He is the real draw, but it will be cool to see them reuntited.

About your friend...not sure what to say except I hope you are okay.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem! Thanks for sharing that. I don't know what to say about your friend situation.

Oh .. it's above 60 here today ... and no snow anywhere ;) It's quite nice.

Ob

2:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

60 here too. It was glorious!

Glad you came to a resolve about her.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Harleyblue said...

Beautiful poem. Friends sometimes are more precious than anything else and if that could be harmed, it's better to stay friends.

I'm going to see The Police this summer at Bonaroo... along with 30 other bands. I can't wait!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home