Monday, December 04, 2006

Thank God is only once a year!

As I've said a million times I love my job. I found it entertaining, exciting and challenging. There's always something new or something old that needs to be fixed (or I'll fix it, even if it is working OK, because just OK is not good enough for me, there's always a better way!). The general mood of the company is very relaxed and it has great benefits. HOWEVER, like in the whole entertaining industry, the money situation is not ideal, at my level is not bad, but I could be making more somewhere else.

So, once a year, the company shows everybody how much we are appreciated by renting one of the coolest places in the city for a night of open bar, great DJ's, somehow good food and a lot of inappropriate behavior: The Christmas Party. On my first year I got so drunk that I only made it to work after 1pm the next day. I got better with time and I learned that I cannot have a drink with every single person that comes to me. When the alcohol is free, people feel the need to bring you drinks that you didn't request, which can end up with a nasty combination on your stomach: My typical vodka, plus a shot of tequila with X department, and a shot of scotch with Y area, etc. Once all that alcohol starts to kick in, then the inhibitions go away, you know what they say about Vegas? well, you can apply that to any Christmas party where there's an open bar.

There's this girl that I used to work with a long time ago. We always flirted but nothing happened, she new about my significant other. Every Christmas party we have a couple of shots. Two years ago we had our typical shot and then we kiss each other, a quick friendly kiss on the lips. End of the story. Moving forward to last year, same ritual, shot and a kiss... hmm last year I got a little more to drink than usual, so after the second shot I told her that we had to go dancing. The dancing floor was packed, so I took her to the middle, just melting with tons of other people, and we made out. You know one of those make out sessions that just drive you crazy? There was the attraction, the passion that we had for each other for so long but that we never followed, and the adrenaline rush because at any moment somebody that knew either one could've seen us.

I knew this was trouble, she knew this was trouble and we stopped on time. There was that moment when I knew I was going to end up on her bed if I stayed any longer. So after a few more drinks I left.

Then there's the hangover. I emailed her the next day, just asking her if she got home ok. No answer... a couple of weeks later I emailed her again, she responded, but it was very generic, nothing more than a quick hello and a "we should do lunch sometime" kind of thing. So I never push the subject and I haven't seen her since then.

Now, for the past month I've been receiving visits on my office from this girl. She has an office on this floor, but because of the location I rarely go that way. She's hot, killer rack and amazing ass. We joke and smile, and once when she visit me she moved behind my desk to check the view. I did nothing while she put her face on the window giving me an awesome view of that perfectly round ass. Here's the deal, she asked me if I was going to the party, and when I said yes, she said that we definitely need to have a drink, which is fine. But I know me, I know I cannot turn off my "flirt" mode and i know that alcohol can only facilitate things. The girl from last year doesn't work on my building, so that helped, but this girl works right on my floor. Besides girl #1, I only messed around with another employee was with an intern a few years ago (I have to tell that story one of these days). I honestly don't think it is a good idea to mess around with co-workers, but that party has all the elements to make me forget about that.

Maybe is nothing and this new girl just wants a drink, maybe girl #1 will break the shot annual ceremony, and maybe I will be home by 11pm totally sober.

or maybe not....

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

yep, you are getting drunk and kissing someone. Yep.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lol. Now I remember why I am glad I skipped my company Christmas party. Granted, I know it wouldn't be exciting. And I agree with Wendy. It's happening.

7:10 PM  
Blogger El Cuervo said...

Come one! give me some hope! Maybe I'll just have cranberry juice all night (I hope it is not an aphrodisiac!)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Bribrannabanana said...

You're gettin some.

c'mon, really... some chick you obviously think is hot will be flirting with you while you're drinking (and I'm sure you know better than to believe that you won't drink)... it would take some SERIOUS self control for nothing to happen there. And since I don't have any self control when it comes to sex, I find it hard to believe that anyone else does...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

ok, now, be honest with yourself. You have to live life and have fun!

10:54 AM  
Blogger El Cuervo said...

The wort thing about a corporate Xmas party is the hangover, which can last for a long time if you did something that you can regret.

But again, what happens at the xmas party stays at the xmas party, or so we think, right?

And I'll be fine as long as she's not wearing a see thru bra, or I don't get shots....I'm doomed.

12:59 PM  
Blogger TC said...

You're doomed. Or were doomed, depending on when the party is/was.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Cyril said...

EC, you're soooo screwed, it's hilarious.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home